April 1, 2014

Elect Linda Vaught Jackson

Linda Vaught Jackson
Today I announced to the world - the Optimist world that is - that I am running for Vice President-elect, West Region, Optimist International.

It's been a long time coming. As readers of my blog know, I first joined an Optimist Club in 1987. Over the years I've been an active Optimist Club member and volunteer leader for the Illinois and Pacific Northwest Districts. In 1996, I was the secretary/treasurer of the Distinguished Illinois District and in 2010, I earned the status of Distinguished and Outstanding Governor for the Pacific Northwest District. I fully believe that if you work only for the best and expect only the best that you will achieve the best. The fact that I earned honors means that the Optimist Clubs were successful in their communities and for that I am grateful.

During my Optimist career, I have even had the opportunity to work in heaven. That's right I was a professional staff member as the director of membership development and training at Optimist International for two years.

You might say that I've done it all, but you would be wrong because I haven't yet had the opportunity to represent Optimist International as a vice president. Many people say that the role of lieutenant governor is their favorite position in the organization for as such, you get to travel to other clubs, share in their excitement for their projects and causes and inspire them to do even more.

I believe that the vice president role would be much like that feeling on steroids. There are so many projects to learn about, so many Optimist Clubs to visit and so many Optimist Club members to meet. But visiting and giving well wishes is not enough. We must grow our organization and that means adding members and new Optimist Clubs.

My passion is public relations. I believe that my expertise in strategic communications combined with my enthusiasm for Optimist Clubs is a powerful force that will allow me to help others amplify the good deeds and positive vision of our organization. Those Optimist Club stories will become magnets that will draw new volunteer members to our network of positive people and projects.

When elected, I promise to deliver a strategic public relations plan that all Optimist Clubs may follow. More than that, I promise to work with the Optimist Clubs in the West Region to launch, maintain and promote their positive presence in their communities.

Together, we can tell the Optimist Club story. Together, we can gain more members and  add additional new Optimist Clubs. Together we will grow.

This is the first year that Optimist Clubs will be allowed to vote online for international officers. Please discuss my candidacy with your Optimist Club members and encourage the president of your Optimist Club to vote for Linda Jackson for the West Region - Optimist International. Thank you for for your support.

Please like Elect Linda Vaught Jackson - West Region, Optimist International on Facebook

Categories

alabama alberta anguilla arizona arkansas arts B.W.I. barbados british columbia california canada day cayman islands ccdhh celebrations change charitable Christmas Trees childhood cancer campaign childhood literacy childhood wellness campaign children citizenship college colorado communication community building community development community service do the right thing donation doodle 4 google drug abuse easter education enchantment engagement essay contest experience optimism Facebook faith fellowship festival fishing fitness florida food drive football friend of youth friendship fundraiser fundraising generation gap georgia good government grand cayman gratitude Halloween happiness hawaii health and welfare healthy club checklist holiday hope idaho illinois indiana inspiration internet safety iowa iron eyes jamaica jay leno join an optimist club jooi joy junior golf kansas keep america beautiful kentucky leadership louisiana maine manitoba marketing maryland membership mentor michigan minnesota mississippi missouri Montana motivation music sunday n carolina n dakota nebraska new jersey new mexico new optimist club new york ohio oklahoma ontario opportunity optimism optimist club optimist clubs optimist creed optimist international optimist international convention optimist international foundation optimistic story of the day oratorical contest oregon outreach partnerships patriotism pennsylvania playground pnw district promotion public relations quebec quotes recognition recycling respect respect for law s carolina scholarship school supplies schools service clubs share optimism social media south carolina South Dakota st. maarten stories success talent show teachers Ted tennessee testimonials texas traditions twitter virginia volunteers w. virginina washington website wisconsin young adult youth appreciation youth safety youth sports